HOW TO CREATE A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
8 Things You Need to Include in a Janitorial RFP
When selecting a commercial cleaning company for your business, you will most likely create a Request for Proposal, often called an RFP, which offers prospective companies an idea of what you’re looking for. These guidelines include your company’s specifications, requirements, details and cleaning and disinfecting goals. When Building Maintenance Services Inc receives your RFP, we will carefully review your guidelines and then respond with an explanation about why Building Maintenance Services Inc can provide you with the best commercial cleaning and disinfecting services.
When sending us your RFP for janitorial services, make sure you provide us with a thorough request so that we can fully answer your questions and concerns.
SEND US YOUR RFP!
Once you have included the eight pieces of the below information, send it over to Building Maintenance Services Inc so that we can review it and explain how we can meet your cleaning and disinfecting needs while adhering to your schedule and budget. We have over 65 years of commercial cleaning experience and our janitorial cleaning services are second to none. We are fully committed to embracing your cleaning goals and offer convenient, flexible services.
8 RFF recommendations
Company Overview & Background
- This request is how we will get to know you and your facility. Include in it a brief overview of your company and the industry you are in. That way we can take notes about your industry and explain why we are equipped to handle your unique requirements.
Preferred Payment Methods & Schedule
- Let us know how you would like to pay for our services and on what schedule. This will help us both be on the same page right from the start.
Details About Your Schedule & the Scope of Work
- Again, please be as detailed as possible and explain your preferred work schedule. This would include the time of day you want to schedule our visits, if you have any cleaning supplies, and if not, what you would like us to provide. Also include the preferred length of contract and renewal options.
Include Any Necessary Industry Standards
- If there are any regulatory cleaning standards your facility must meet, please include them in your request. Certain industries, like healthcare, in particular, require specialized cleaning services that adhere to strict industry standards. We can then explain how our cleaning experts have the specialized training and skills to meet or exceed the standards set forth by the EPA, OSHA and others.
Details About Your Business’s Cleaning Goals
- Please include as many details as possible, including how often you would like our services, the types of products you want us to use and which areas require cleaning and disinfecting. We’ll then be able to respond with the most comprehensive cleaning strategy to meet your goals.
Establish Evaluation Criteria
- If you have specific criteria for your prospective cleaning company, including preferred years of experience or references, please let us know.
Include Any Additional Service Requests
Building Maintenance Services Inc offers a variety of additional specialty services, including window washing, air duct cleaning and upholstery services. Explain if you require any additional specialty services. We can include these services with your regular cleanings or on a one-time project-based basis.
Include Points of Contact
- Tell us who your main point of contact will be, and also include any other team members who will be involved along with their contact information.